DIRECTOR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (FIDELITY LABS)
The Director of Product Management (“PM”) is a core team member of an Incubation team for a particular new business opportunity. Specifically, the PM is accountable for the product strategy and go to market plan for the new business venture from conception through to pilot, scale and transition either to a standalone business or back into an existing business line. The role is based in Boston, MA or Durham, NC.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Drive the vision for the product; leading decision making on overall product positioning and pricing
- Define the product roadmap, determining which features should be prioritized and in what timeframe
- Understand and drive team wide understanding of market and industry dynamics, keeping his/her finger on the pulse of what competitors are doing, how the market is shifting and what impact these dynamics should have on product strategy both in the short term and long term
- Build deep customer empathy and works in partnership with the customer research lead to represent the voice of customer throughout decision making processes
- Lead the cross functional team – including design, development, QA, operations, sales & marketing, and legal - in the planning, requirement definition, design, development, test, deployment and support of releases across the life-stage of the new venture
- To the extent the offering is new and may not be distributed through existing channels and processes, the PM will lead customer acquisition and operations efforts during the pilot and accelerate stages.
The Purpose of Your Role
Our Product Managers are the champions of the product and the target customer it serves, evangelizing the opportunity both within and outside the core team. The role combines a deep understanding of the customer’s needs with the capabilities of the development team and emerging technologies to define a product strategy that is both compelling and achievable.
The Skills You Bring
- You will have 8+ years’ experience in new product development or management where he/she has been responsible for product vision, positioning, product roadmaps, product requirements and delivery of product into marketplace.
- Ideal if you have worked in start-ups and/or new product development functions within large organizations.
- You will have proven marketplace success in taking a new product from idea to launch
- Has experienced failure in a start up or new product launch and learned from it
- You will know how to build empathy with customers; experience working with customers in field and in forming and leading customer co-development advisory boards
- You will have experience with technology landscapes and potential portfolio of technologies that may be leveraged to get the right product to market in the right time period
- Experience leading cross functional teams using LEAN start up approaches; knows how to manage a technology team using agile
- You have expert knowledge in project management methodologies leading cross functional teams using agile and/or LEAN start-up approaches
The Value You Deliver
Measures how the product is performing against stated objectives and uses ongoing analytics and empathy work to make changes to product roadmap as informed by data. Works with the executive lead and finance to create a business case for the new venture and present recommendations to board to park or pivot opportunity based on in market learning.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.