Fidelity Labs Data Scientist
About Fidelity Labs
Fidelity Labs incubates internal startups—made up of product managers, designers, developers and marketers—that are tasked with creating new business that drive growth and deliver on Fidelity's mission. Our teams' passion combined with human-centered design and agile methodologies are responsible for driving industry transformation and customer impact at scale. See what we’re up to at www.FidelityLabs.com.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
If you are driven by the numbers and have a passion for diving into data and extracting that will impact business and marketing decisions, this job is for you. In addition to the below, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Degree in Analytics, IT, Economics or related field (Advanced Technical or Business Degree a plus)
- 5+ years of data management and marketing experience, with 2+ years direct experience with data management in a cloud environment either in an eCommerce environment or for a Database Management/Customer Insights firm
- Strong data analytics expertise, including experience translating customer KPIs into actionable marketing strategies that drive growth
- Experience with data analytics tools and technologies across data (Google Analytics, Omniture, SQL, R, SAS, Python), visualization (Tableau, QlikView, or PowerBI))
- Experience with data warehouses, Big Data and Data Lakes a plus
- Experience with Lean Startup, Design Thinking, and Agile Methodologies preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
The Data Scientist is a key role on the Go To Market team where you will work closely with our Growth Hackers, Technologists, Operations and Product Managers to understand their business needs and relationship to the marketing data and insights. Through measured tactics, and validated strategies you will contribute to the success of our internal startups by providing high quality data analysis that turn insights into actionable recommendations to drive customer lifetime value, business results and growth for small to medium sized self-contained projects. This role is based in Boston, MA or Durham, NC
The Skills Your Bring
Data Extraction, Analysis and Ongoing Customer Data Management
- Collaborate to build an end-to-end, extendable customer data solution from defining requirements to data migration and creation of dashboards, ensuring data integrity, accuracy and compliance. As needed, ensure that our services provider has the appropriate functional and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver the solution.
- Own overall omni-channel customer data management approach with IT, including post-launch maintenance and enhancements. Collaborate with Go To Market, Technologists, Operations, Product, technology and other functional teams as needed around data management & quality, data governance, and data requirements.
- Be part of the team the helps define the digital marketing ecosystem/roadmap and delivers a marketing technology stack that is scalable, extendable, and uses consumer data to enhance the consumer journey and drives brand and business growth. Work with key stakeholders to help define an integrated digital marketing analytics and attribution approach.
Customer Insights & Segmentation Strategy
- Collaborate with key analytics stakeholders, leading data analytics development and segmentation analysis. Define and deliver our customer insights approach and reporting capabilities that ultimately drive long-term consumer relationships
- Manage the insights coming from customer data to tell stories – ones that turn insights into actionable recommendations that drive customer lifetime value, business results and growth.
- Work with multiple teams to develop a customer’s journey, experience and lifecycle strategies for key customer groups and audience segments. Identify opportunities throughout the consumer journey to increase customer acquisition, conversion and retention that will help drive and influence email, social, advertising, and site strategies.
- Help develop the brand’s personalization and audience management strategy across the consumer journey, including email, site, and digital marketing.
- Work with teams to advise on A/B and multivariate testing approaches as well as control group and segments management.
The Value You Deliver
- Strong understanding around how big data is influencing customer analytics and the consumer journey, with an ability to pivot with change and pinpoint growth opportunities through customer centricity
- Strong understanding of customer lifecycle marketing, segmentation, testing, and optimization strategies and a knowledge of marketing/cloud technologies, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills; demonstrated success in communicating ideas to various stakeholders
- Prioritizes workload, managing multiple and often competing tasks, and meets deadlines for various and fluctuating marketing deliverables
- Ability to identify the metrics to drive success, measure KPIs, socialize understanding and drive initiatives to completion
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude, with a strong sense of ownership, communication and accountability
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Labs’ mission to create new businesses that drive growth and deliver on Fidelity’s mission to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve.
Our focus is on important financial “jobs to be done,” where people and organizations are experiencing real issues and where we believe we can help. We believe in creating impact at scale and meaningfully improving the lives of the people we serve.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer