(Please forward an updated resume to email@example.com to be considered. Thank you!)
Creative teams and brilliant legal minds drive incredible results.
GrowPath, headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, offers best-in-class legal intake and case management software. It was built by one of largest and most successful plaintiffs' firms in the country, the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. GrowPath is committed to innovating continuously to provide law firms a better, more efficient experience, as evidenced by its portfolio of 10 patented features with 12 more pending.
We are seeking leader of people and expert in technology to manage our engineering initiatives and further our track record of success with innovative technology.
What The Day Looks Like for Our Director of Engineering:
● Own the technical direction of all of GrowPath's software products
● Architect and design the transition of our technology to microservices
● Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
● Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
● Assess and implement opportunities for application and process improvement
● Adhere to high-quality development principles by delivering solutions that meet business priorities on-time and on-budget
● Lead a team of high performing developers
● 7+ years of professional experience
● Expert level knowledge with a at least 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
● Strong RDBMS (Postgres) skills
● Working knowledge of Linux
● Database development including relational database design, specifically strong SQL
● Source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments in cloud and on-premise environments
● Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS),Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Master's degree a plus
● Proven leadership of development team is required
● Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
● Start-up or experience operating in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment
● Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
● Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
We offer a competitive benefits package and a beautiful work environment located on the American Tobacco Campus in downtown Durham. At this time, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
Are you using your American Underground profile as your career site, and don't have a link for candidates to apply? No worries – we have a quick workaround, because #startupgrind. We recommend creating a simple Typeform or Google Form to collect the info you need from candidates and then linking it here. If you need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Is this a critical hire? You can boost the search by making it an American Underground Featured Job. Featured Jobs receive premium visibility including:
What happens next? If you click Yes, the Featured Jobs promotion is free to your organization unless and until American Underground secures a winning candidate for your role. If this happens (when this happens), your organization will be charged a $3,000 referral fee upon placement.
I have read and agree to the American Underground Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, the $3,000 referral fee due upon the placement or hiring of a candidate or employee pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Featured Jobs Program.